VPAP Adapt SV
VPAP Adapt SV is an adaptive servo-ventilator designed specifically to treat central sleep apnea (CSA) in all its forms, including complex and mixed sleep apnea.
Unlike conventional sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) therapies such as continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP), adaptive servo-ventilation:
- treats complex sleep apnea syndrome and central sleep apnea
- normalizes breathing, completely suppressing CSA and/or Cheyne-Stokes respiration (CSR)2,3
- improves sleep architecture2 (the amount of time the patient spends in slow-wave and REM sleep increases).
- adapts to the patient’s ventilatory needs on a breath-by-breath basis
- automatically calculates a target ventilation (90% of the patient's recent average ventilation)
- ensures pressure support is synchronized to the patient's own recent breathing rate and flow pattern